A fresh blend of tomatoes, onions, cilantro and jalapenos mingle together in this delicious salsa!
I must confess, I love salsa. I love it so much, I could eat it every day. There’s just something about the flavors all mingling together in a bowl of salsa that tastes delicious. Is it the fresh tomatoes? Is it the bits of fresh cilantro, onions or jalapenos? I like to eat it with tortilla chips, in a burrito and even on a burger!
There are several Mexican restaurants where I live that serve authentic Mexican food. You go in to eat, sit down at your table and someone brings you a big bowl of salsa and tortilla chips. You can wait for your chips to scoop up the rich tomato spicy goodness. I think eating the chips and salsa first is the best part of the meal!
It’s easy to make your own restaurant style salsa at home. See the recipe below to find out how to make it.
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
- half of an onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Welcome to the “Create & Share Link Party”, a place where you can create your crafts, DIY, recipes, decor, fashion outfits and more, and then share them here!
This week’s features are…
* Please link back to Urban Girl Bakes in your post. It can be through a text link or by posting the button above.
* Feel free to link up your latest blog posts, link parties too, link as many as you want! Anything goes in this linkup, whether it’s food, recipes, decorating tips, DIY projects, organizational ideas, fashion, beauty, sewing and crochet creations, tutorials, just as long as it’s family-friendly.
* If you include your e-mail in the linkup form below you will be added to Urban Girl Bakes e-mail list. Your e-mail will not be added to any other lists or given out. By participating in the linkup, your post may be featured in the next week’s linkup.
* Visit other posts in the link party and have fun! Make some new blogger friends by sharing, pinning and commenting! Thank you for participating in this link party and for following your host!