Moist chocolate cake, drenched with sweetened condensed milk and topped with marshmallow frosting and crushed graham crackers!
When you were a kid did you use to make S’mores outside by a campfire? We used to roast marshmallows. There’s something about a big marshmallow roasted on the outside and ooey gooey on the inside, yum! I’ve made S’mores at a few cookouts and they were delicious!
I’ve created a recipe for a S’mores Poke Cake. If you love S’mores and moist poke cakes, then you’ll love this cake! First, you bake a homemade chocolate cake. Then as soon as it comes out of the oven, you poke holes in it and pour a can of sweetened condensed milk all over it making sure that the milk goes all in the holes. It looks so good at this point, you’ll want to eat the cake drenched with all that sweetened condensed milk, but, don’t eat it yet, let it cool completely. Then, you frost it with marshmallow frosting and top it with crushed graham crackers. Ok, now you can eat it!
- For the chocolate cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- For the marshmallow frosting:
- 4 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 16 oz marshmallow cream
- For the graham cracker topping:
- 8 graham cracker sheets
- For the cake;
- Grease a 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients and mix with a whisk, set aside.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating after each one.
- Add in vanilla.
- Add in dry ingredients slowly.
- Add in ½ of the milk, beat. Add in the remainder of the milk, beat until well blended.
- Spread batter in the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven and poke random holes in the cake with the small round handle of a spoon. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake, making sure it goes in the holes. Let cool.
- For the frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Slowly add the confectioner sugar, beating after each time.
- Add in the vanilla, then stir in the marshmallow creme.
- Frost the cake.
- For the topping:
- Put the graham cracker sheets in a large ziploc bag. Crush the graham crackers with a rolling pin. Sprinkle the crumbs over the frosting.
Wilton 26-piece Cake Pop Set Giveaway!
$40 Retail Price
As a thank you to my readers, I’m giving away a Wilton 26-piece Cake Pop Set! You can make Cake Pop treats at home with this baking set. Each pan makes a dozen individual desserts. These treats are a smart choice for parties because you don’t need plates or utensils. Set includes a 12 cavity pop pan, 14 pop sticks and a non-stick cooling grid.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is open to USA residents only. It will close on Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 12:00 am CST. One winner will be chosen. The prize will be shipped to the winner via USPS Urban Girl Bakes. The winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter and will be contacted via email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email before another winner is chosen in their place. If you’re entered, be sure to check your junk mail! Winner will be announced on the giveaway widget just as soon as contact is made and the winner has been confirmed. GOOD LUCK!
Share your blog posts in the weekly link-up on Wednesdays!
Add any post you like of any genre from food to fashion and beyond!
Follow Me On: