Fresh strawberries, cream cheese and graham cracker crumbs make this ice cream taste devine! This recipe is so easy!
Since strawberries are in season I thought I would make a batch of ice cream. I didn’t just want to make plain strawberry ice cream. I wanted to make a really creamy, thick ice cream…what better way but to make it taste like a strawberry cheesecake! I put a little crunch in it by adding graham cracker crumbs. My husband took a bite and said, “oh my gosh this is good!” Ok, it passed the “husband approval test”, so I can add it to my recipe collection!
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Cook the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the strawberry mixture thickens and the strawberries become tender.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla and beat until soft peaks form.
- Stir in the graham cracker crumbs into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture in a loaf pan.
- Add the strawberry mixture and spread evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the remaining cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly.
- Using a knife, swirl the strawberry mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 6 hours until firm.
Share your blog posts in the weekly link-up on Wednesdays!
Add any post you like of any genre from food to fashion and beyond!
Follow Me On: