My most favorite chocolate candy bar is a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. I love chocolate. I love peanut butter. It’s the perfect combination of sweet! I also love Rice Krispy Treats. I thought I would take the typical Rice Krispy Treat to a new level: mixed with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Boy, was I amazed at the chocolatey goodness of this dessert!
I want to share with you how to make them. They are super easy!
Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a large sauce pan.
Add the sugar, corn syrup, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chocolate chips, and peanut butter and melt until smooth and evenly mixed.
Remove from heat. Add the salt and cereal and stir until mixed thoroughly.
Pour in a 9″ x 12″ buttered pan (so they won’t stick) and press down evenly all over until they are completely spread in the pan.
Place in the refrigerator for about an hour to cool and harden. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 6 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 6 cups Rise Krispies cereal
- Grease a 9" x 12" baking pan with some butter so the krispy treats won't stick.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add to the sauce pan: peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter.
- Melt and stir until completely smooth.
- Add the salt and cereal and mix until the cereal is coated evenly.
- Pour in to the baking pan.
- Press down and spread with a spoon until the mixture completely covers the pan.
- Cool in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Cut into squares.
Share your blog posts in the weekly link-up on Wednesdays!
Add any post you like of any genre from food to fashion and beyond!
Items I recommend (click on the images to shop):