10 Ways To Double Your Page Views to increase your blog traffic and grow your social media!
Do you have a blog? If so, how long have you been blogging? I started blogging here on Urban Girl Bakes about a month ago. I also have a fashion blog, Classy Yet Trendy, which I’ve been blogging on over a year. Earlier this year I published a blog post on Classy Yet Trendy on how to double your page views. I’ve followed the same techniques here on my Urban Girl Bakes blog and my page views have jumped to 8,600 in just 1 month!
Here are the techniques I use on both of my blogs:
1. Have an Attention Grabbing Post Title: Depending the type of blog you have, be creative with your post title. My most popular post on my fashion blog, Classy Yet Trendy, has been “How To Wear a Blanket Scarf”, which has generated over 20,000 page views alone! Most of the traffic where this post comes from is Pinterest (I’ll discuss Pinterest in just a bit). Attention grabbing phrases are “How To”, “Why” or “Where”. Numbers are also grab reader attention, like this post title, “10 Ways…”
2. Write a Post Everyday: The more you contribute to your blog, the more people will be interested in what you have to say. When I first started blogging, I read somewhere that the longer you have your blog and the more posts you write, the more readers you will have. That is true! The more posts you have, it is likely more people will read your blog!
3. Post Quality Pictures and Content: Have you heard that a picture is worth a thousand words? In the blogging world it is true! What you have to say is important, but it’s a picture that makes the first impression. If the pictures are great, then everything else you have to say in your blog post will fall into place. You don’t have to be a professional photographer. Just make sure your pictures are clear and express your blog post’s subject.
4. Have a Pinnable Image In Your Post and Post It On Pinterest: Did you know there are over 70 million users on Pinterest?* That’s why it’s important to have at least one pinnable image in your blog post. Let me give you an example: A popular subject with fashion bloggers is sharing their favorite sale picks. Instead of listing the items individually, you could create a photo collage and copy and paste all the images to the collage, add a title, and voila, instant Pinnable image! Also, post that image to one of you boards on Pinterest. When a person pins that image to their board, then their followers pin the image to their boards, then, well, you get the point, your post just may go viral like my “How To Wear a Blanket Scarf” did! I would recommend installing a snippet of code from Pinterest to your blog’s main page, so when a reader hovers over any image, Pinterest’s red “P” appears and will let readers pin any image from your blog to their Pinterest boards.
5. Post to Your Social Media Accounts Everyday: I use Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Google+ and Bloglovin’. I post to these everyday! Why? Readers who use social media will see your blog posts. This may prompt them to visit your blog to find out more about your post.
6. Add Your Posts to Stumbleupon, Buzzfeed, Reddit and Digg: These are content reader networks. I would recommend adding your blog posts to all these sites everyday. They may not generate as much traffic as Social Media but they are contributors to your blog traffic.
7. Participate In Giveaways: Since I have participated in a few giveaways, my social media followers and blog traffic has increased tremendously! The giveaways I have participated in are Instagram Loop Giveaways and Blog Post Giveaways. The Instagram Loop Giveaways are only on Instagram. The Blog Post Giveaways build all your social media following. Here’s how it works: You pay on average $20-$40 to participate per giveaway. The amount you pay depends on the prize to be given away and the number of participants who contribute. The giveaway host will collect the money, create an image, the giveaway rules, the start and end time of the giveaway, and will host the rafflecopter (or other entry) app. Then the giveaway host has the entry app pick a winner and they will contact the winner about their prize. Do you research first and make sure you are pariticipating in a legitimate giveaway. I would recommend the #Girlbosses group on Facebook for Instagram Loop Giveaways (it’s a closed group so you’ll need to request to be added).
8. Add Your Post To Link Ups or Blog Hops: This is how I generate a lot of my traffic. A link-up or link party is a widget on some blogger sites that let you add your blog posts to. Some bloggers will host their link- ups usually one day a week. Readers of the link-ups will see your posts and may click on your posts and go to your blog! This is not only free advertising, but a great way to connect with other bloggers! I join several linkups each week based on food/recipes/DIY, see the Link Parties List here on Urban Girl Bakes. On Wednesdays, I host the Link-up “Create & Share Link Party”, where you can add several of your posts.
9. Be a Link-Up Co-Host: This is a great way to increase exposure to your blog, especially if you are new to blogging! Some link up hosts will allow co-hosting, so the same link up list will be on the host’s blog and your blog as well. If you’re new to blogging, it’s a great way to get exposure for your blog. It’s a great way to build repeat followers too.
10. Comment on Other Blogs: When you visit another blog, comment on their blog and be sure to leave your name, your blog name and your blog URL (website address). Readers will read the comment and can click through to your blog. Instant blog traffic!
I hope you enjoyed these tips! I hope you will double your page views as I have done by using these tips. I can’t guarantee that you will, but I personally have used these tips and they have worked for me.
* information source: Digital Marketing Ramblings
With the new look of my Urban Girl Bakes blog, I’ve changed the name of the weekly Wednesday link-up! It is now the “Create & Share Link Party”, a place where you can create your crafts, DIY, recipes, decor, fashion outfits and more, and then share them here!
This week’s features are…
From last week’s link-up, the post with the most clicks:
30+ Make Ahead Back To School Breakfast Recipes, from My Pinterventures
Last week’s featured posts:
I can’t wait to try some of these recipes on the grill!
from To Simply Inspire!
These chocolate zucchini muffins look delicious!
If you’re post was featured,
feel free to grab the “I Was Featured!” button and add it to your blog!
*Follow Urban Girl Bakes on at least 1 of these social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin’
* Please link back to Urban Girl Bakes in your post. It can be through a text link or by posting the button above.
* Feel free to link up your latest blog posts, link parties too, link as many as you want! Anything goes in this linkup, whether it’s food, recipes, decorating tips, DIY projects, organizational ideas, fashion, beauty, sewing and crochet creations, tutorials, just as long as it’s family-friendly.
* If you include your e-mail in the linkup form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not be added to any other lists or given out. By participating in the linkup, your post may be featured in the next week’s linkup.
* Visit other posts in the link party and have fun! Make some new blogger friends by sharing, pinning and commenting! Thank you for participating in this link party and for following your host!
Disclaimer: By submitting a link to this link party, you are giving me permission to share and/or feature your blog post and image on social media, in round-ups, and on my blog, Urban Girl Bakes. All links shared will link to your blog.
Thanks for stopping by to party with Urban Girl Bakes!!
Follow Me On:
See These Link-ups I join each week.