Hearty, homemade One Pot Spaghetti, served in 20 minutes!
I’ve been cooking this meal for years. I learned how to make this recipe from my mom. My grandmother makes a similar dish too.
Back in my high school years, when my friends came over to visit, my mom would make a big pot of this spaghetti for us to eat. When we were done eating, there was nothing left! Of course, it could be because we were growing girls, but it was always delicious too! She used to serve it with French bread covered with butter and garlic. Yum! Oh, the days of youth, eating and eating, not worrying about gaining weight or watching your cholesterol intake.
This one-pot dish is easy to make and is ready in 20 minutes! Keep reading to find out how to make this delicious recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 24 oz can crushed tomatoes (not drained)
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 16 oz package Spaghetti noodles
- Fresh mozzerella cheese, sliced (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the ground round, onion and garlic and cook until done.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the water and spaghetti noodles.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes on medium to low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add slices of fresh mozzerella cheese on the top (optional).