Fresh corn, cream and Parmesan cheese make this vegetable dish delicious!
Summer produce is in abundance at Farmer’s Markets here in the South. You’ll find ears and ears of corn, ready to be purchased and taken home to cook. My mother-in-law gave me several ears of corn the other day. I knew I wanted to make Parmesan Creamed Corn!
When it comes to eating fresh-picked corn, I can’t get enough! The taste is sweeter and has just a pinch of crispness than canned corn. My favorite way to enjoy the taste of fresh corn is by adding cream, butter, Parmesan cheese and a few other ingredients. I remember my mother making cream-style corn when I was a kid. I would stand at the kitchen sink and help her shuck the corn, then watch her add butter and cream in the skillet and cook it. It was delicious! I cook it the way she did, but I add some Parmesan Cheese to give it more of a smooth texture.
- 8 ears fresh corn, shucked cut off the cob
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, sugar, salt, pepper and butter. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and flour. Pour into the skillet and stir into the corn mixture. Cook until the mixture has thickened and the corn is cooked thoroughly. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
This week’s features are…
From last week’s link-up, the post with the most clicks was:
Last week’s featured posts:
Everyone’s posts looked fabulous last week!
There were 32 posts from the 1st link party! We’re off to a great start!
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s posts this week.
Thanks for stopping by to party with Urban Girl Bakes!!
Follow Me On: