When it’s hot outside, sometimes all I want to eat is a refreshing salad. The coolness and crispness of the lettuce and toppings just hits the spot! My favorite salad is a fresh fruit salad. I top it with homemade salad dressings to bring out the sweetness and tartness of the fruit. I rarely buy bottled salad dressings anymore because of the additives and preservatives. I make my own because they are much more healthy!
This salad consists of hearts of romaine lettuce, baby spinach, strawberries, granny smith apples, oranges, blueberries and granola sprinkled on top. Mmm, fruity goodness!
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup Hearts of Romaine Lettuce Mix
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, sliced
- 2 Seedless Oranges, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup Blueberries
- ½ cup Granola
- ½ shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Combine all the fruit salad ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit salad and mix together to combine.
Share your blog posts in the weekly link-up on Wednesdays!
Add any post you like of any genre from food to fashion and beyond!
Use these items to prepare your salad: