An Oreos pie crust, cookies and cream ice cream and cool whip make this a delicious Summer dessert!
I love Oreos! It’s one of my favorite cookies! What better way to enjoy Oreos than to have a pie made out of them! I remember when I was a child, my Mom would make this Girdle Buster Pie in the Summer. I would eat so much I would be stuffed.
If the Oreos in the pie crust isn’t enough, the next layer is cookies and cream ice cream, then you top it with Cool Whip and more Oreos on top of the pie. Yum! Who’s ready for pie?
- For the crust:
- 18 Oreo cookies, plus extra to add to the top of the pie
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the pie:
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and let soften.
- Lightly butter a pie pan.
- In a food processor, pulse the 18 cookies until they are fine crumbs.
- Pour in the melted butter and pulse again until blended.
- Pour the crumb mixture into the pie pan and press down with a spoon to form a pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes.
- Allow the pie crust to cool completely.
- Spread enough of the softened ice cream over the pie crust to almost fill the pie. Freeze for about 30 minutes to 1 hour until the ice cream is solid.
- Spread enough Cool Whip to fill to the top of the pie.
- Add whole Oreo cookies as garnish for the top of the pie.
Wilton 26-piece Cake Pop Set Giveaway!
$40 Retail Price
As a thank you to my readers, I’m giving away a Wilton 26-piece Cake Pop Set! You can make Cake Pop treats at home with this baking set. Each pan makes a dozen individual desserts. These treats are a smart choice for parties because you don’t need plates or utensils. Set includes a 12 cavity pop pan, 14 pop sticks and a non-stick cooling grid.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is open to USA residents only. It will close on Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 12:00 am CST. One winner will be chosen. The prize will be shipped to the winner via USPS Urban Girl Bakes. The winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter and will be contacted via email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email before another winner is chosen in their place. If you’re entered, be sure to check your junk mail! Winner will be announced on the giveaway widget just as soon as contact is made and the winner has been confirmed. GOOD LUCK!
This week’s features are…
From last week’s link-up, the post with the most clicks was:
My favorite was:
Everyone’s posts looked fabulous last week!
There were 32 posts from the 1st link party! We’re off to a great start!
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s posts this week.
Thanks for stopping by to party with Urban Girl Bakes!!